As a member of the Hong Kong-Canada Business Association you join:
- More than 1,000 like-minded business people across Canada
- More than 13,000 globally through the Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide
- Members in many different industries, professions and disciplines
Your fellow members who you will be networking with:
- Individual entrepreneurs and corporate executives, including IT and telecommunications companies
- Importers and exporters trading with Hong Kong, China, South East Asia, and Eurasia via the Belt & Road Initiative (http://www.beltandroadsummit.hk/en/index.html?platform=hootsuite)
- Financial, legal and accounting professionals
- Students interested in and studying International and South East Asian and Eurasian business
- Government officials and bureaucrats
- Everyone sharing the common goal of maintaining and developing profitable business and other relationships in Canada, Hong Kong, South East Asia and the rest of the world
Membership Provides Opportunities for:
- Encouraging two-way trade and investment between Canada and Hong Kong - and through Hong Kong to the rest of China, South East Asia and Eurasia via the Belt and Road Initiative.
- Promoting contact and communication between business people across Canada - and globally through direct membership and participation in the Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide—full details at www.hkfederation.org.hk
- Encouraging cultural exchange and understanding between Canada and Hong Kong, and via Hong Kong to the rest of Asia and Eurasia
- Acting as a clearing house for information on trade and investment opportunities
Major Benefits for being an active, participating member:
Each year we encourage and promote the unique opportunities available to our members and friends by participating in the very important and beneficial HKTDC Trade Shows throughout the year. Several of these very important “Windows of Opportunity” have special Canadian Missions.
This year – over the next few months – there are the Belt and Road Summit in Hong Kong in September; the Asian Logistics and Maritime Conference in November; IP Asia in November, the Asian Financial Forum in January 2018, etc.
Please refer to the full list of HKTDC Trade Shows for more details http://toronto.hkcba.com/trade_missions.html
- Immediate access to first hand knowledge and business intelligence through HKCBA’s close day-to-day relationships with the “Hong Kong Family in Canada” - including Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO); The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), Invest Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Tourism Board and all levels of government in Canada
- Regular Business Networking opportunities to allow you to expand your business network
- Reduced rates at Association events
- Free use of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council library and resource centre. HKTDC’s Hong Kong Trader is published monthly
- Advice and assistance in doing business in Hong Kong, China and South-East Asia.
- Additionally, HKCBA members are eligible for special benefits with selected business partners - Providing a forum to increase awareness and information through workshops, presentations and trade delegations.